It's that time again when I take a look back over all the good things that happened over the last seven days.
1. Completing the 225th square for my blanket. I know! I'm currently crocheting them all together, which is taking a lot less time than I'd anticipated. This blanket might actually be finished before Christmas!
2. One of those magical autumn mornings when the air seems so heavy with mist that you almost have to push through it with you hands.
3. Every autumn, when my parents visit, my Dad and I bake my Christmas cake together. Dad was always Baker Of The Christmas Cake in our household when I was little, he still is actually. I don't really need the help anymore (although Dad is excellent at lining the tin really carefully and precisely with baking paper, a task I find very boring) but I love sharing this little ritual with him.
4. A lovely break in Durham with my in-laws, with lots of time to sit and chat, admire their stove, do a little crochet, watch the kids play with the dog, eat nice food...just generally relax.
5. Pure joy. You're never too big for a carousel ride.