It's raining and has been for the past two days, and probably will all weekend long. I am just getting over a horrible cold/throat virus thing that's left me feeling tired and a bit bleugh, a lacklustre.
But never mind, it's Friday! Even better, it's half term next week, yay! No Sunday evening school uniform ironing for me this weekend. No packed lunches to make every morning next week. A break from spellings and reading, after school activitties and rush, rush, rush. And so it's time to dig deep and find those pockets of happiness, to remember those wee moments that made me smile and lifted my spirits this week.
1. Lilac, "foraged" (ahem) from a tree overhanging the old railway line. It smells utterly divine.
2. My new favourite breakfast: porridge, strawberries and maple syrup.
3. The alliums in the garden are looking spectacular.
The bees like them too.
4. A perfectly new, pristine, freshly unwrapped bar of soap. It's like when you break the seal on a new jar of instant coffee with a spoon. I wish I liked instant coffee, just for that pleasure.
5. A spring ritual, taking my patchwork quilt off the bed, washing and line drying it, then packing it away until next autumn. Then it's another joyful ritual to get it back out in six months time.
Hurrah for simple pleasures! I feel better just for writing this post. Have a great weekend everyone. Come back Mr Sunshine, we miss you.