As the days get longer and we leave winter behind my thoughts always turn to gardening and decorating. I always get the DIY bug at this time of year. Right about now, I suddenly remember that we have a garden, and that it's high time I ventured into that grey, muddy space and gave it some attention. I look at the peeling paint on the front of our house and think - I MUST sort that out. Or, more truthfully, I MUST nag John about that. Our bathroom has had a patch of yellow paint from a tester pot on one wall for almost a year, leftover from when I thought I might paint it last spring but didn't have time. My Mum arrived yesterday and is staying with us for a week so, with her help, I have a chance to get some things done.
My March list includes:
- Paint the bathroom and give it a general spruce-up and a little attention.
- Finish Bella's knitted scarf before it's too warm for her to wear it.
- Paint over the blue "feature" wall in our bedroom and make it white, like the rest of the room.
- Give the garden some love.
- Start a small, lightweight throw with a bag of cotton yarn left over from about seven different projects.
- Check the vital signs of the tulips I planted last October.
- Bake a Simnel cake - I have never made one before.
How about you? Any plans for March, or for spring? Yesterday the weather was sunny and mild and you could feel just a little warmth from the sun. Bella and Angus spent all morning playing outside in the back garden, their first garden play session of the year. Lovely.