"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
A couple of weeks ago Emma at All Stitched Up and Suzie at The view from here very kindly nominated me for a Liebster award. Thank you ladies, you are very kind.1. Are you an adventurer or a homebird? Most definitely a homebird, always.
So, here are my eleven random facts:
So, here are my eleven random facts:
- I am tall, 5' 11" to be exact, but only have size 6 feet.
- I have many, many Breton striped tops, but am still seeking that perfect one.
- I love tulips.
- I have lived in Leeds for 12 years but am most definitely a southerner at heart, and hope to move back there one day.
- I learnt the piano as a child. I gave up lessons when I was 12 or 13 and have always regretted it.
- I love the listening to the radio, especially Radio 4, and have it on constantly.
- I spent 7 very happy years working in a bookshop.
- I have a really annoying habit of completely tuning out of what's going on around me if I'm engrossed in something else. John will be saying "Gill. Gill. GILL!" and I'll be reading a magazine, totally oblivious. It is very annoying.
- I grew up by the sea and miss is terribly.
- I'll be celebrating my tenth wedding anniversay and my thirty fifth birthday this year.
- I once shook Bill Clinton's hand.
And here are Emma's questions:
2. Sweet or savoury? I have enough room in my tummy for all food groups.
3. Where is the furthest place you have travelled? To Australia and New Zealand, although it was nearly 20 years ago.
4. Where is the favourite place you have travelled? John and I spent part of our honeymoon in San Francisco and I will always love that crazy, beautiful, hilly city.
5. What is your proudest achievement? Can I have two? Bella and Angus.
6. What simple thing makes you happy? Cuddles from my small people.
7. What was you favourite toy as a child? My Sindy house. I spent far more time tidying it and arranging the furniture than playing with the dolls.
8. What calms you when life is crazy? I put the kettle on and make a cup of tea.
9. Why do you blog? To focus on and celebrate the good things in life, to share crafty things with like-minded people, to be part of the fabulous online community of bloggers.
10. Do you have a list of things to do during your lifetime? No. You never know what's around the corner.
11. Have you ticked them all off yet? I know that as a child and teenager I hoped I would go to university, meet someone I wanted to spend my life with, work in an interesting job and be a mother. Those things have happened. But I honestly have no idea what is next.
and Suzie's questions...
- What is your favourite film? Clueless.
- Best holiday memories? As a child we spent many holidays in the Vendee area of France. I remember driving to and from the beach singing along to The Mamas and the Papas.
- If you could shadow someone for a day, who would you choose and why? Nigella Lawson, because I think she would be very interesting, and I'd love to have a nosy round her kitchen.
- Are your a town or country person? I grew up in the suburbs and live in the city but I always feel very peaceful in the countryside.
- What is the best place you have lived and why? Where I grew up, for it's proximity to the sea. But I like where we are now too.
- Where do you want to be in 5 years time? I have absolutely no idea but I hope I will happy.
- What is your favourite book? To The Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf.
- What is the best thing about blogging for you? Forming connections and making new friends.
- Whose style do you admire and why? Anyone who looks comfortable in their own skin looks pretty stylish to me.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Be nice to everyone because you never know who you'll end up working with next. (And it's very good advice!)
- Chocolate or cheese? Again, I have enough room in my tummy for both.
Ok, if you're still with me, my eleven questions are:
1. Who would play you in the film of your life?
2. If you were to go on a picnic, what would your picnic basket contain?
3. Do you have a favourite song?
4. What is your favourite season, and why?
5. How would you spend your perfect day?
6. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
7. What is your most irritating habit?
8. What is the best gift you've ever been given?
9. What would you do with £1000?
10. When was the last time you did exactly what you wanted to do?
11. Early bird or night owl?
and I would like to pass the Leibster Award on to these blogs - some old favourites, some new to me, all very enjoyable - do pop over and say hello.
I do not mind at all if tagging/blogging awards is not your thing and you'd rather not take part - I wont be offended. Just take my nominations as a sign that I enjoy visiting your blogs very much.