Hello there! Firstly, thank you for all your comments and suggestions for scone recipes - all much appreciated. I will attempt scones later this week. And I was able to buy a new lens cap for the mighty sum of £3.62 on Amazon, phew.
Back in May (was it really that long ago??) Donna at Little Acorns and Hazel at Ramblings and Suchlike nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Thank you both very much - I love to read you blogs and am very happy that you enjoy reading mine too. But I have been very tardy at reciprocating. Then on Saturday, Lyn at everyday life was also kind enough to nominate me for another Sunshine award, which provided the reminder and kick up the butt I needed to get going. Thank you all. The general gist is that I answer some questions about myself then nominate some blogs I love to read to do the same, and so on. Not everyone likes to be tagged, but I think the questions provide a nice way for readers to get to know a blogger a little better. So here goes...
1. What is your favourite colour? Currently bright yellow, this particular shade in fact...
2. What is your favourite animal? I honestly can't think of one. I like dogs a lot. And I'm loving my friend Rachel's two new kittens.
3. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Builder's tea (strong, just a drop of milk) first thing in the morning. While we're on the subject, I like a certain type of mug. The rim must not be too thin or too thick, it can't be too shallow or it cools too quickly, or too big which makes a weak cuppa. This is mug is acceptable. No-one can call me a princess.
4. Do you prefer twitter or facebook? I don't have a twitter account so it would have to be facebook. I keep whittling my friends list down so that it just includes family and people who really are friends, and I like the way it makes me stay in touch with people.
5. What is your passion? Does it have to be only one? Family, friends, creating a home, making, baking, reading, the sea... At the moment it is granny squares.
6. What is your favourite pattern? I very much like patterns with a repeated, leaf or flower design and a retro influence. Practically anything by Orla Kiely, like my new hand towel. The woman is a genius.
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? There is nothing nicer than planning a present for someone, knowing how much they will love it, wrapping it and then watching their faces when they open it. Having said that, these roses my friend Sam grew in her garden and gave me yesterday were very well received...
8. What is your favourite number? Honestly, that question baffles me. I don't have one. When we finally win the lottery, those numbers will be my favourite numbers.
9. What is your favourite day of the week? Saturday. I love Saturday mornings and the promise of all that is to come over the weekend, especially if John is off. He works every other weekend and I used to dread those weekends when the children were very small. But now, especially since Bella started school, I have come to treasure the days when it is just them and I, and we can do as much or as little as we please.
10. What is your favourite flower? Tulips, always tulips, but peonies, roses and sweet peas are all welcome in my house.
I would like to pass the Sunshine Award on to:
Colette at Colette Moscrop
Col at hello olive
Jenny at Audrey Finch
Greer at ...typically red
Veronica at giggles and chatter
All blogs that I love and read regularly. Ladies - I am not at all offended if tagging is not your thing and you'd rather not take part. My nomination just means that I like your ideas, your writing, your crafting, your photography and your creativity, and find your blogs hugely enjoyable and very inspiring.