It seems wrong to be thinking about a month of Springtime activity when the weather has been so unkind to us. I always seem to be talking about the weather but small children do make you very weather-focused. Like dogs, they need a daily "run" and lots of fresh air. What shoes/wellies/coats do we need for the school run? Rain cover on the pushchair or take the car? Is the park an option? The garden? No? Well it's another morning of jigsaws and books and cbeebies.
Yesterday the sun ran away and the rain came back. The heating was switched back on. It was John's day off and a day of cooking ensued. I made tea loaf and my first sourdough loaf (the flavour! I am converted.) John made a tomato and rosemary risotto with meatballs for tea, followed by white chocolate vanilla custards. I felt like we were wintering, hiding away in the warm kitchen, pottering quite happily.
But I have hope that Spring will come back and so, to give me some focus, this month I plan to...
- Bake a lot more sourdough bread, including a rye loaf.
- Plant sweetpeas.
- Paint the bathroom yellow.
- Celebrate lots of birthdays - Angus, my Dad, my Grandma and two friends.
- Make some birthday presents (better get cracking!).
- Read The Restaurant of Love Regained by Ito Ogowa for book group
- Practice my crochet.
Here's hoping we get some sunshine soon! Have a great day everyone.